The Friends of Moreleta Kloof Nature Reserve (FMK) will be hosting two more scorpion walks following on the success of the event held on the 4th of March 2011. All who attended will attest that it was an incredibly interesting evening!
Jannes de Villiers will once again be presenting the sessions. His casual, engaging presentation style coupled with his in depth subject knowledge makes for a night out to remember.
If you would like to join us or if you require more info, please contact the FMK on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be hosting two sessions in April, on Friday the 8th and Saturday the 9th. On Friday, we ask that no small children (under 14) attend, as this will be a more technical talk with a walk in the reserve at night using UV lights. The Saturday session will be aimed more at our younger visitors along with mom and dad. It will also include a short walk in the reserve with UV lights.
Please bring along;
- Clothing fitting the occasion! High heels do not work at all that well when clambering over rocks in the darkness. Wear comfortable shoes and preferably avoid bare legs. You might also consider a jersey.
- R15 per person donation (you are off course welcome to donate more!)
- A willingness to view scorpions in a different light, as Jannes will surely change your perception on this surprisingly and somewhat unnervingly abundant arachnid.
Before and after the scorpion walk, you are welcome to have drink or a bite to eat at Rademeyers, which is situated inside the reserve grounds.
- Location : Moreleta Kloof Nature Reserve
- Date : 8 and 9 April 2011
- Time : 17:45 for 18:00
- Cost : R15 per person
- RSVP on email@example.com